The heavy roof cleaning
Before And After Pictures
Making the world Sparkle one roof at a time.
Yea we know dirty roofs, because that's all we do is clean roofs
We don't use power washers to clean your roof
Safely removal of Black Streaks, Mold, Algae and rust
What Is That Stuff That Is Eating My Roof?
ALGAE - MOSS - LICHEN
That's right! You have plant matter growing and feeding on your roof!
• The proper name for the black streaks on your roof is gloeocapsa magma. It is a very hardy strain of blue-green algae that typically grows on the north side of your home's roof.
• Today's asphalt shingles contain a large amount of crushed limestone in the granules that provide the UV protection for your shingle.
• Gloeocapsa Magma feeds on the limestone in your shingles like it is an all you can eat buffet. The algae multiplies and begins to form the unsightly black streaks that you see on your roof.
• The algae take root on the surface of your shingles helping to dislodge the protective granules on the shingle. As the algae grows, the shingle begins to retain more moisture and heat. This extra moisture and heat help to magnify the harmful UV rays of the sun. As more and more granules are damaged, the protective asphalt layer of your shingle gets exposed to those harmful UV rays and that is when the real damage starts! The shingle begins to break down leading to premature roof failure!
• Shingles that are darkened by algae growth can increase air conditioning costs by several hundred dollars! Algae covered shingles retain much more heat than clean shingles. Surface temperatures of algae infested shingles can be 10 to 20% higher than clean shingles! This makes your home much more difficult to cool in the summer.